The Spirit Shop

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Smudging & Clearing Negative Energy From The Home Or Office

The Smudging Ceremony

Our Native elders have taught us that before a person can be healed or heal another, one must be cleansed of any bad feelings, negative thoughts, bad spirits or negative energy - cleansed both physically and spiritually. This helps the healing to come through in a clear way, without being distorted or sidetracked by negative "stuff" in either the healer or the client. The elders say that all ceremonies, tribal or private, must be entered into with a good heart so that we can pray, sing, and walk in a sacred manner, and be helped by the spirits to enter the sacred realm.

Native people throughout the world used the herbs Sage, Cedar & Sweet-grass to accomplish this. One common ceremony is to burn certain herbs, take the smoke in one's hands and rub or brush it over the body. Today this is commonly called "smudging." In Western North America the three plants most frequently used in smudging are sage, cedar, and sweet-grass. I actually grow my own sage and then I pick it and wrap it together in a bundle with some thread. You may also purchase sage sticks at a new age shop. My new shop offers many varieties. Visit The Spirit Shop

Regarding the smudge ceremony, remember that no matter the details of your actions, God knows what you are trying to do, and in the end you can't do it wrong, there is no wrong, God and the master spirit guides in the world unseen will understand your actions and bless your efforts.

Well first of all I use sage or sage with sweet-grass. I pick a time when I'm not likely to be interrupted, and sometimes pick some appropriate soft meditative music to play. I begin at what I refer to as my altar in my meditation room with a white candle. I light the white candle and t hen I say a prayer asking God and my spirit guides to be with me and guide my actions. Personally I use the Light Invocation by Dael Walker and repeat it three times as he suggested.

"I invoke the light of the God within I am a clear and perfect channel. Light is my guide."



The smudge stick is sometimes hard to keep smoldering so when you first light it, blow out the flame after it gets going and then blow into the smoldering embers to really let it take hold or else it might burn out. If it does burn out, just re-light it again and keep going. After I get the stick smoldering, I ask the smoke be blessed and that it will rid myself of any and all negative entities and energies.

The first thing I smudge is myself starting with the bottoms of my feet and then working the smoke up around my body and around my head and crown chakra. After that is done I start in my angel meditation room by slowly waving the sage stick using my right hand to blow the smoke towards the walls and such. As I slowly go throughout the room, including in the closets I repeat the following prayer.

"In the name of the lord and by the powers of my guardians angels & spirit guides. I hereby cleanse this space of all negative energies and evil spirits for only good may enter herein. According to the free will of all & the highest good of all. So be it, so be it, so be it."

Repeat this prayer as you slowly move throughout every room of your home. Try and get the smoke to cover every area including in the closets, basement and attic. When you complete this cycle you can now move on with the candle bringing light to every corner of your home. Some folks I know also combine sea salt and water while saying a prayer and then sprinkle the mixture throughout your home. This is not a must and is all on personal preference.

Once you are done and offer up a prayer of thanks you will begin to feel the positive energy throughout your home. You should repeat this once per month. Some folks like to do it on a new moon while others on the full moon. Once again this is all personal preference. Just as long as you are using sage you will be fine. Happy smudging.
With Love, Light & Desire To Inspire
Joseph Tittel

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Joseph, I am a big fan of your website and predictions. Ive been reading your predictions since late 2008 and I have to say that you are pretty amazing. I wanted to share some videos/info about 2012 with you if possible. Do you have a email I can email you on? I couldnt find anything on your webpage.

Nik S.
niksimakov@Yahoo.com